Monday, November 2, 2009

Ghost Pops

I bet you thought I had given up cooking! The answer is no. Since my last post, I have made a variety of dishes . Some winners and some well, lets just say, not winners.

This past weekend was Halloween and I decided I was going to cook something. This is the second year we have spent the holiday with friends dressing up and sending the kids out with the dads to trick or treat. The difference this year was I decided I was going to bake and cook. I searched the internet and decided on two things. Cupcake pops and Martha Stewart's Spicy Bat Wings.

Let me tell you, for a novice, I should have slit my wrists!!!! The recipes sounded easy so Saturday at 6am I found myself at Wal-Mart purchasing the items with excitment. I purchased the cake mix and frosting. White chocolate (the choices for white chocolate gave me a headache--to microwave or not microwave, that was the question). All this for the cake. For the wings, chicken wings, black bean sauce and oyster sauce (foreign to the Wal-Marth staff--got it at Publix).

Anyway, for the cupcake pops, I baked the cake, of course I licked the bowel, are you insane, I love cake batter! Once it was done and cooled, I crumbled it up and added the frosting to it. It was to make 45-50 balls(roll it by hand). Of course being me I was not going to make that many damn balls and decided to make mine larger. Big mistake. I then read the recipe again and you had to freeze them to let the chocolate cool you put on the lollipops you inserted in the cupcake ball. Now, you understand why you don't make them large. Mine were too heavy to lift in the freezer!!!! So, here I am with 23 large cupcake balls that won't freeze. So, I took the smaller of the 23, 10 to be exact and rolled them in the chocolate I had melted. They turned out beautifully! Well, not that beautiful. You see, they were a little weird looking because they would not roll in the chocolate but they were perfect for Halloween. What happened to the other 13 cupcake balls??? I threw them out, I was late for the party!

Next time, I will tell you about the wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment