Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hail To The Chief

The last time I actually cooked a meal was Friday evening. If you read that post, you will know that was something big in the Atkins household. Number one, I never cook on Friday's and number two, the grannies were in town. When they're in town, we look for the next restaurant where we will eat.

On Saturday evening, my husband and I attened the Tennessee Democratic Party's Jackson Dinner dinner. You see, I lucked out and received the tickets free otherwise, he would have never agreed to go (as most of you know, I am in a house divided on politics). Actually, my husband does not align himself with either party but, since it was a fellow Arkansasan speaking, he went without much fuss. Bill Clinton was a good speaker but, the food was lousy. As I sat there, I imagined how I could have catered this better myself. I thought about the chicken I would havae served or maybe added a fish dish. What? I thought you might say that! Yeah, I know after a few blogs and a few successful meals, I now think I am the new Julia Child. Well, that's not true. I know good food when when I taste it. Hello, I am not trying to loose weight because I inhaled too much air!

Anyway, this evening (Sunday) I cooked the rest of the spinach pasta and added shrimp to it. Oh please, don't become overly excited. It was Gordon's Fisherman shrimp. We did not go to the store for actual groceries and that was an easy meal. I do have ideas for a few dishes this week. As my friend reminded my, she stuck quite a few recipes in my mailbox some months ago. I know we will have my favorite lady peas (cook it in chicken broth and it rock your world). Hey, remember that song? Oh, I guess as usual I digressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment