Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Visitng Sweden

This has been one heck of a day. First, I realized that I made a mistake. Yesterday, I typed I was 46. Now, if you ask how could I make a mistake like this, it is very easy. For me, age is really just a number. My entire life I have done everything late. Married in my early thirties and had a child in my late thirties. If I had any sense, I should be upset that I am short, fat and still finding myself. But, you know what? It will all be okay (I hope). My other issue is that I feel as if I have a watermelon in my stomach. For those that know me, I am always complaining about a stomach issue. I truly believe I am this way because of the huge greasy turkey leg I ate while attending the Wilson County Fair--our friends took a picture of me with that darn turkey leg. It was a great piece of meat but very greasy and probably too salty (could that be the reason Scooby Doo keeps biting me? That darn dog thinks I am a big piece of meat). Let's just say, I am still suffering from both ends! Too much information? Too bad, I fell like CRAP!

Let me tell you, my new adventure is quite a joy. Len and Davis are loving it. Okay, so it is only day two. Give me a break! This evening after picking up Davis, I prepared Swedish meatballs, red mashed potatoes and broccolli (why is it that I can't spell the names of food?). Anyway, a person who I consider one of my best friends gave me the recipe. It was so easy. Groud beef, crackers, sour cream, 1 egg , chopped onion and seasoning. Form meatballs. Once they had cooked in the oven, I added the meatballs to beef boullion cooking on the stove and cooked a little longer. Mashed the potatoes and aded the vegetable and you have a comfotable cozy dinner. This entire meal took 50 miniutes. I must say, I was very nervous because making meatballs is so foreign to me. I prayed the entire time making them. I also had the phone number for the pizza place handy in the event I had to order a pizza!

So, once again, I don't know how to calculate the Weight Watchers Points. You know, I am going to overweight hell. I need an initervention!!!! My goal was to swim with friends before it gets too cold but, at this point Shamu has a better chance of swimming in their pool than I do!

2 comments:

  1. I's so proud of you! You're just like the book "The Little Engine That Could". In a few more years you might not need a cookbook to cook with.

    Didn't anyone tell you not to eat fried food at the fair? The only thing I can say about that food, is that it keeps on giving.

    Keep up the good work........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may hit the over/under after all. I didn't know that I gave you a recipe for Swedish Meatballs ("best friend" thing - think about it).

    I am honestly impressed that you have begun this in earnest. Congratulations on your first two posts. I enjoyed reading them...

    ReplyDelete