Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bean, what is your name?

I have a secret weapon planning my meals each evening. You see, each day, I make a phone call for assistance in helping me decide what I can cook that will be easy, tasty and quick. For the past few days, I have had an ideal meal in mind. Knowing that I LOVE beans, it was suggested that I cook October beans in chicken broth with smoked pork chops added in the pot for flavor. Add corn bread to the meal and you have a cozy dinner. Boy, what a meal!
This morning, I got out of bed, went to the freezer and there was a problem. I could not tell what beans were the October beans!!!!!! You see, all the beans in the freezer looked alike. When I went to the farmers market, I put all my beans (purple hull, lady peas, Ocotber beans, etc.) in freezer bags and now they all look alike! So to the bean I cooked this evening, Bean, what was your name? Regardless, the meal was excellent. Once again, Davis loved the meal. This was a cozy dinner. Len missed this one since he was out grocery shopping. I ate my dinner watching a Beatles special!!!!

Hey Jude....

No comments:

Post a Comment