Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Glorious Food

First, I want to say that I was very excited that I received a post to one of my blogs. It really made my day. The problem I am having now is that I don't know how to thank the person who responded. In addition to cooking, I have to figure out how to blog. Of course it is just another item to add to a long list of items to do or learn to do. So, I am thanking anyone who reads this blog in advance until I can figure out how I am to respond to a comment (do I just add a comment to my blog thanking you for your comment?).

I did not get to cook today!! I think I was a little depressed about it. My uncle and cousin came through on their way to Detroit and my uncle wanted to take us for a bite to eat. Actually, he is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known but I really wanted to cook for him. So, what was I going to cook? Beef Bolganese (is that how you spell it?) Yeah, that's right, good ole pasta and meatballs.

Food, glorious food! I really adopted that line from the play/movie Oliver! That sums up my obsession with food these days. Last week I purchased a magazine with recipes so that I would have something to cook. Can you believe I even look forward to gettting home to cook? So, I'll never be Julia Child, Rachel Ray or Martha! Who cares, I just want to be me and cook, taste and sample everything I possibly can. Maybe instead of Food, Glorious Food!, I should be saying Hips, Glorious Hips!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're talking about *me* posting a comment to a prior post. I love that you're a paralegal blogging about your adventures in food! :) I blog for paralegals at http://www.practicalparalegalism.com/ and my email is lynne.devenny@gmail.com.

    And I'm an uninspired cook hoping for inspiration from you! :)

    Peace & grace,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete