Sunday, September 6, 2009

SURPRISE!

I'm back!!!! I bet you thought I actually gave up cooking after a few days. No way! I will tell you that I am going to be really watching what I eat because I am joining a weight loss competition. Until then, I have eaten everything I wanted but, not without a lot of guilt.

During the 4th of July we spent the holiday with friends and I was determined to make baked beans and cole slaw. To may a long story short, somehow the slaw had too much heat and their 4 year old cried because his mouth was too hot. So, this weekend, I decide to try it again. I left out the paprika and it did not have kick like it did the last time. So, maybe it was the paprika that made my poor little friend cry! Who knew that paprika could have thay type of kick. I also worked on my baked beans, okay, so I cheated and used Bushes Baked Beans! Whoever said my venture into cooking was going to be homemade. Although this time I did decide to make the [potato salad instead of buying it from Publix. I must say, it was very good. I just need to add a little salt. I wonder if all cooks go through this? You know, adding the correct seasoning?

This will be a challenging week for me. I am joining a weight loss competition and I have to be more accountable with Weight Watchers. Oh, what's an old woman to do??????

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you're not old, because that makes me old, too...lol. I stumbled upon your blog after googling "paralegal" and "blog" and love your sense of humor and your shared cooking adventures. I am marrying a man in two weeks who cooks way better than I do, which makes my 13 yo very happy.

    Peace, grace & God Bless the guy that invented the microwave (because I am old enough to remember a world without nuked food :),
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what an objective person would think of Norma if they happened upon one of her posts. Now I know.

    Trust me Lynne, she's just as colorful and manic as she sounds. This is one of the few bloggers that actually will live up to the crazy-cartoonish image you probably have of her should you ever have the privilege of meeting her in person.

    A few points to consider:

    This is not Norma's first venture into the competitive weight loss arena. She has handily lost to a laundry list of co-workers in the past.

    Norma tends to have a problem following rules and that coupled with the stress that accompanies any weight loss competition should make for some interesting, albeit often incomprehensible, posts.

    I will make sure that any of Norma's claims will be properly confirmed or corrected as the competition continues.

    I am not sure if Norma will better her personal best of around 4 pounds (doubt it...in the past she considered sugar chewing gum and baked cheetos as staple diet foods) in the course of twelve weeks, but rest assured, I will keep everyone posted in the comments section.

    Every time Norma starts yelling expletives to her audience through her keyboard, it is most likely directed towards me. She's probably yelling at me as she reads this comment...

    ReplyDelete