Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quack Quack

This evening, I mentioned to my meal planner that I wanted to make a Mexican dish with ground beef. We came up with a quick meal with ground beef as the main ingredient. Well, I after ending the call with her that we had chicken at home so instead of moo tonight, it would be quack!

So, all on my own, I decided to smother chicken breast strips in onions and place it over wild rice with brussell sprouts on the side. It actually turned out to be a quick easy meal. I never knew slicing an onion could be so quick and easy. I imagined I was on the Food Network (once again, I digress) and worked my dish! I than plated -- is that the correct term for serving the dish? The only probelm is that on a white plate, it was not enough color on the plate. Also, I did notice that I have gone to the other as far as seasoning goes. As you may recall last week I mentioned too little seasoning and tonight I was in seasoning hell. That's right, way too much salt!!!!! And, you know what this means for me, more water weight gain! At least that is the excuse I will use tomorrow when I can't get into another pair of pants!

1 comment:

  1. Tip from me to you- add salt in small amounts and taste for seasoning. Remember, salt can always be added but never removed. By the way, I thought chickens clucked, not quacked? Plated is the correct termonolgy. Are you ready for your audition as the next Food Network Star. Big Daddy- watch out!

    ReplyDelete