Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do You Say Quack or Cluck?

When I started this adventure, little did I know that referring to chicken as quack instead of cluck would cause so much smack! Leave it to me to make such a mistake. Look, either way it goes, they are both from the bird family (I really started to say fowl or something else but, that might have been wrong too). Believe me, I know the difference in a duck and chicken. Now, when it comes to cooking them, that is a completely different story. (Don't even think about it---I don't want to know how to cook a duck. Hell, I am just coming up with creative ways for chicken.)

I am not trying to be like Julie from the movie Julie and Julia. I just like writing this blog. What Julie and I have in common is meeting the crossroads of life, trying to determine where we belong--at least that is what I took from the movie. What we do not have in common is that I don't want to cook every recipe from a cookbook. Why do I need to, my confidant and other friends provide me with interesting recipes and that is what this blog is about. Interesting recipes and how I can screw them up!!!!!

Now, tonight I had a great chicken recipe but, me being me, I forgot the most important ingredient BREAD CRUMBS!!!!! So, I cooked the chicken slowly on top of the stove and when it was done, the skillet had a few drippings (this was not fried chicken but tenders cooked in olive oil with a little wheat flour for substance) so I thought I would try gravey and by george it worked!!! Yes, I accomplished something very important. GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!! Who knew this could come from me. There was only one problem, I don't think my husband and son enjoyed it. You see, as I was enjoying my chicken with vegetable pasta they put the plates on the counter with half eaten food. Too bad, I MADE GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment